Monday, August 07, 2017

Day 15

Good news: A decent jump in my V02 numbers.
Bad news: Fell off the diet wagon.

So first, let's talk about the V02 I just finished.

15:15 protocol, 16kg, 6 reps x 50 sets

I set my timer for 50 sets, but at the end I felt like I could have gone on longer. Once I got past the first 10 sets or so it got easier mentally. Physically, I feel surprisingly good. My grip is not shot and I wasn't too winded. My back feels a bit warm and tight, so I will likely be a bit sore there, but I don't think it will be too terrible. I'm not sure now how fast I should increase the sets. I feel like I could add 10 more next time, but I know I probably shouldn't.

As for the diet, I really struggle when my sleep is off. The baby has been sleeping very erratically of late, and I am the one who stays up with him when he won't sleep. When I cheat on a diet - any diet - it is always at night; this has been a lifelong pattern. My wife and I are talking about things to address it, but since she is pregnant I feel that her getting sleep is more crucial than me getting sleep. We're going to try to get the baby switched around to a better schedule over the next few days.

No comments: